January 23, 2013

FITNESS // MILE A DAY

There is a little note, tucked in the middle of my Future 101 list, that looked like this for far too long.

[ ] Run 1 mile without stopping every day for a week.

I had made it to day four. I had made it to day five, even. This goal of mine was always just out of reach. I'd lose motivation. I'd get sick. I'd get so tired. I'd be bored, or too busy. Not for long, friends!

Last Monday, I looked at my schedule and it was eerily empty. My internship didn't start until this week, recruitment was over - now was the time to do it. Not to mention, I had fallen off the workout train of the summer/early fall and was sadly out of shape.

Day 3 - the track actually says this on the track at my gym. 

Let me tell you, it wasn't easy. Day one was rough, as expected. Day three was pure agony. Day six was a challenge because I ran outside - the weather had warmed and I was feeling ambitious. My lungs were not happy with me. Day seven was a breeze, I could see the finish line! Day seven was also my fastest mile, because there was a cardio core class starting and I wanted to finish my mile before jetting in there.

The best thing about the #mileaday challenge was that it gets me into the gym. I never just run one mile. I hang out on the elliptical for a half hour, or I take a class, or I do some strength training. It's good for my body and it's great for my confidence and willpower.

2 comments:

  1. Hey there! I found your blog through Press Play (written by Melissa), and I just wanted to say I love your 101 list. A few notes:
    1. Adobe Suite is awesome and so worth it! If you're a student, buy it now so you can get the discount!!
    2. I love magazines. Some of my favorites are Real Simple, Conde Nast Traveler, National Geographic Traveler and Glamour. You should check them out and see if you like any.
    3. You're welcome to guest blog over at my blog, Semi-Charmed Kind of Life, any time! I'm a new follower and I like what I see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Megan! Thanks for swinging by. I am definitely planning on investing in Adobe Suite before graduation. Such a steal! Thanks for the magazine suggestions too, a goal I'm hoping to check off once I get into more permanent housing (no forwarding address issues!). Thanks for the offer to guest blog too! I'll definitely be following along with your posts from now on!

    ReplyDelete