July 25, 2012

BOOKWORM // PARIS WAS OURS

I read this book back on my trip to Florida, and it sent me reeling for an opportunity to see the City of Light. The book is a series of short stories. Thirty-two authors tell true stories about their experiences in Paris. Most of the stories took place when the authors were, well, my age. They are in college, freshly graduated, with budding romances or stable relationships.



At its core, this book is about overcoming fear to seek adventure. It's about living life on the edge of the unknown. Traveling abroad takes bravery, regardless of what situation or circumstance sends you away. The unknown is always scary. Whether it's an unknown job, an unknown companion, an unknown location, the act of not-knowing instills fear in most of us. Each one of these authors overcame that fear and made it an adventure.

I'm still learning how to make the scary stuff an adventure. How about you?

1 comment:

  1. I really want to read this book! I love the adventure and excitement of traveling somewhere new.

    ReplyDelete