March 8, 2012

PLAYLIST // AN UPDATE AND SUMMER TUNES

Hi friends!  It's been awhile, I don't have any excuses except the usual school-internship-meetings-life mantra.  This week for me is spent entirely in anticipation of my saturday morning flight to Florida for Spring Break!  I'm literally counting down the hours until I can feel the sun on my shoulders and sand between my toes (49).  I'm planning on toting about 10 just-for-fun books along with me.  My ipod, stocked with summery tunes, will be sure to secure a spot in my luggage as well.

Okay, I'm not going to the Amalfi Coast... but you get the idea.  Photo Credit. 

True to form, I want to share an anticipatory playlist that just screams of sunshine-y days.  Sure to put anyone in a breezy mood. 

Hey Mama by Mat Kearney
Day Dreamer - Donavan Frankenreiter
Summer Candy - Side A by Ben Rector
In the Sun - She and Him
Come Dancing by The Kinks
Loving You - Paulo Nutini
Young Dumb and In Love by Mat Kearney
Darlin' Do Not Fear - Brett Dennen
Technicolor by Tim Myers
She - Jonathon Clay
Carolina on My Mind - James Taylor
Pack Up - Eliza Doolittle
Summer Sun by Matt Wertz
And the Birds Sing - Tyrone Wells
Peaceful, Easy Feeling - The Eagles 
Perfect Sometimes - Justin James 
In the Summertime by Mungo Jerry
Dirty Mind by The Pipettes
The Boys of Summer - Don Henley

Warning: This is a very random little mix.  Can you tell I generally prefer male vocals? :) I never do know how to describe my taste in music.  I usually say something like "chill" which just sounds lame.  Help me, please?

No comments:

Post a Comment