December 21, 2011

DIY // HOMEMADE LOVELIES

I've been a crafting fool lately.

I'm using my talents (ha!) and my time (more accurate), to give some truly personalized gifts this year.  I'm having a blast actually completing a few of the things that I've pinned over on pinterest in the process.

A good amount of my christmas break so far has been spent in front of a sewing machine. or a hot glue gun. or a bottle of Modge Podge.  You can find my with scissors in hand more often than not lately.

Project #1: Coasters!

My inspiration for the project came from my "crafty" pinterest board.  Unfortunately, the original link is missing, but check out the pin I used to make these little suckers.

The process was super-simple.  A little tip: spring for the thicker scrapbook paper, less crinkledge when modge-podging.

The coasters to the right are my personal set.  I also crafted a set for a certain someone-who-shall-remain-nameless because their gift is still sitting under the tree.

Project #2: Washer Necklace!

This project was equally simple.  It was also incredibly inexpensive.

All in all, this necklace cost me a total of $3.  Yup, you read that right!

It takes a few (in my case, 8) smaller washers and a bunch (14) larger washers.  I used 5/16" and 1/2" sized washers.  Then, you'll need a roll of ribbon.  I used a 2 yard satin ribbon found in the dollar section at Michaels.

For a better how-to, check out the origin of this beauty.

I also did a fun version with lime green silk.. it sounds crazy but it's very cute!  I'm gifting that one to someone special as well.  I'll be sure to snap a picture after the present is opened!

That's all for now.  I'll be back soon to share a few crafty (sewing) projects that I'm wrapping up tonight.  I'll also have a few more projects to share after the holidays, since I have all of this new-found time on my hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment